Activity Calendar

Things to do

Monday, March 17, 2014

Every Mother should read this book to their Daughter

 ``Mommy, Am I Pretty?"

This new children's book was written by Margot L. Denommé and illustrated by her 2 young daughters. Margot begins the book by dedicating it to her parents who taught her "that beauty comes from within" and to all the little girls struggling with this question.

This book is the story of a young girl struggling with the meaning of 'pretty', as they walk home from school, her mother goes on to describe the true meaning of pretty through simple questions and examples. 

Margot is dedicated to spreading her message to young women everywhere, that beauty comes from within. It should also be noted that a portion of the proceeds from the book go to Meagan's Walk, a Toronto charity named for Meagan Bebenek. Meagan was five years old when doctors found an inoperable brain tumor and passed away in 2001.

I am in no way affiliated with this book, however, I believe in the message with all my heart. This is truly a mother daughter book and I hope that I am able to pass on this message to my own daughter when she is older. I truly encourage all mothers, aunts, sisters and teachers to read this book with the young women in their lives. Together we can raise a generation of strong and empowered women.

You can purchase this book through it's website www.mommmyamiprettybook.com or Amazon

3 comments:

  1. This book is fantastic and even my 3 year old Granddaughter loves it. We read it to her every night.

    Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree this is a very special book! Don't miss it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete